Shower Door Finishes 101: Polished Stainless Steel vs. Brushed Stainless Steel
If you’ve ever shopped for a new shower door with a stainless steel finish, you may have noticed that there are two different types of finishes available: polished and brushed. But, what exactly is the difference between the two?
Keep reading, and we will explore polished vs. brushed stainless steel!
What Is the Difference Between Polished and Brushed Stainless Steel?
Polished stainless steel gets created by using a grinding wheel to buff out any imperfections from the surface of the metal. This results in a shiny, reflective surface that is best suited for appliances and fixtures that will see regular use. They’re also easy to clean and maintain.
Brushed stainless steel, on the other hand, has a dull, matte finish that is created by using a brush to abrade the surface of the metal. This type of finish is often used on metal trim and architectural elements that don’t require a high degree of shine. It is also popular in industrial applications where a durable, low-maintenance finish is desired.
How Do You Care for Each Type of Stainless Steel?
To care for Polished Stainless Steel, simply wipe it down with a soft cloth and warm water. For tougher stains, use mild dish soap or a cleaning solution designed specifically for stainless steel. Avoid using abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the finish.
To care for Brushed Stainless Steel, wipe it down with a damp cloth to remove any dirt or debris. If there are stubborn stains, use a mild cleaner or vinegar solution. Avoid using abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the brushed finish too.
What Are the Benefits of Polished Stainless Steel?
There are several benefits to choosing polished over brushed:
- Polished Stainless Steel has a higher resistance to corrosion and staining than brushed stainless steel. This means that it will stay looking new for longer and is easier to clean.
- Its timeless look will never go out of style. Whether you are looking for a modern or traditional look, polished stainless steel is a great option.
What Are the Benefits of Brushed Stainless Steel?
On the other hand, there are several benefits to choosing brushed stainless steel over polished:
- Brushed stainless steel has a more matte finish than polished stainless steel, which can be beneficial if you are looking for a less reflective surface.
- Brushed stainless steel is more durable and resistant to fingerprints, smudging, and scratching than polished stainless steel, which is great if you have kids.
- It also has a more modern look that can complement your bathroom design.
- Polished Stainless Steel is a shiny, reflective surface that is created by a grinding wheel to buff out any imperfections.
- Brushed Stainless Steel is a dull matte finish created by abrading the surface of the metal with a brush.
Polished vs. Brushed Stainless Steel: Which Is Right for You?
When it comes to choosing Polished vs. Brushed Stainless Steel, it comes down to personal preference. If you want a shiny, sleek look for your shower door, then Polished Stainless Steel is the way to go. However, if you prefer a more matte finish, then Brushed Stainless Steel may be a better option for you. Ultimately, the choice is yours!
Are you ready for a stainless steel shower door finish? Contact GlassCrafters today to get started!